Friday, February 12, 2010

juyaua


Spent a few days in Juayua, El Salvador. It's a pretty sleepy town during the week, when I was there, but they have a weekend food fair that has all kinds of stuff like bbq lizard which I would have loved to try. Sounded fun but the timing wasn't right. Instead I went on a hike where we went underneath a bunch of waterfalls. Most weren't that big, but a few were decent size. Our guide, Mario, pulled off a cliff diving stunt into a man-made concrete enclosure that was only 8 feet deep. He must have gone up 15-20 feet. I wasn't sure how to say 'show off' in Spanish but he understood me when I gave him some grief. The town didn't have too much going on so I had a bunch of down time and polished off another book. Pretty area but nothing really happened these few days, sorry.