Wednesday, January 6, 2010

reading books

I've been doing a bit of reading so far, I mean, how many times can you run around and see the sights and do things and meet people, right? I need some down time, and I defintiely don't have all the comforts of home, so reading is a natural, low impact option. And by low impact I mean to say that a book doesn't weigh too much and packs quite a lot of hours of entertainment (per square inch). Just finished my second book of the year, it was Milan Kundera's "The Book of Laughter and Forgetting". One quote really jumped out at me, although I had heard it many times before from a friend.

"Every love relationship rests on an unwritten agreement unthinkingly concluded by the lovers in the first weeks of their love. They are still in a kind of dream but at the same time, without knowing it, are drawing up, like uncompromising lawyers, the detailed clauses of their contract. O lovers! Be careful in those dangerous first days! Once you've brought breakfast in bed you'll have to bring it forever, unless you want to be accused of lovelessness and betrayal."


I like that quote but when i read it I immediatedly thought of Seinfeld. I don't know why but the show popped in my head, and I saw him talking to a new girlfriend randomly saying, "Pizza. Why do they call it 'pizza'? Doesn't make you pee, makes you poop. Should call it 'poopza'". Then he just stared at her as if he was waiting for a reply, kind of smiling.
I don't know what's wrong with me.